Friday, September 7, 2012

D.I.Y.: How to upgrade your turtle neck for the fall

I've posted about stitch witchery several times on the blog before.... if you don't have it... GET IT! It's a true life saver for an instant hem or a quick go to for a last minute creative thought as was this turtle neck creation. Don't ask me where I got the idea from because honestly I have no clue. All I know is once I put on this fit, I thought my neck needed character. Call it my Black Panther intuition (lol).


In a past post, I blogged about  How to upgrade an old pair of loafers on a budget.
Well, I decided that it's time to change out the patches and since I had them to spare, an idea sparked to add a patch to the collar of my turtleneck.
Step 1: Place a strip down the middle of patch and iron over to anchor it. 
Step 2: Use something thin to place between iron and patch to prevent iron marks and fading along stitching. 
Step 3: Keep applying strips of stitch witchery where needed. 
FINAL LOOK: After a quick roll of a lint brush... IT'S SHOWTIME!... Quick, simple and took all under 5 minutes to accomplish. DO TRY THIS AT HOME!












 
Feel free to email your D.I.Y. turtlenecks to TheXStylezBlog@gmail.com and we will feature you on the blog!

Check out this post I did using stitch witchery as well: 
2 in 1: How to make an instant hem x Wearing White after Labor Day.

1 comment:

  1. I NEED PATCHES!!!!!!! IDEAS have popped to mine. And where can I purchase this said witchery ?

    ReplyDelete