Sunday, March 18, 2012

Blogger Spotlight: Fashion and Food



Today was just a GREAT day. Church was amazing, so amazing that I joined. It's good being away from home (Memphis,TN) and having a great church family. That is definitely something I've missed being in NYC. I've been visiting First Corinthians Baptist Church in Harlem for a month and after Sunday's worship service I knew it was the place for me.... but that's another blog post. 


I also had friends in town, so after church I met up with them at Hudson River Cafe for brunch. At 1st I wasn't too sure if I was feeling the prices as I was told by my friends over the phone that you had to pay $25 for your meal that mainly consisted of breakfast (I wanted lunch food, which I later found out they had) however, when I arrived that $25 included an appetizer, entree' and unlimited drinks... not carbonated drinks..... DRINKS DRINKS! Let's just say #GoodTimes. The customer service and atmosphere was superb. Hudson's food was A1 and the drinks.... well you see the photo below (they got you in a really good place).




Due to this amazing weather I've been wearing a lot of color. I decided to keep my upper conservative and add color to my lower attire. My outfit was nautically inspired. I wore a navy double breasted blazer that I got  while thrifting at Goodwill for $9.99. I really like the fit on me and the elements which include gold anchor buttons and a double vent. I layered the blazer with a navy blue and white stripped tee from American Apparel. To bring in color, I wore a mustard pant from Urban Outfitters and threw on the limited Christmas edition red Louis Vuitton loafers from last season. I highlighted the gold elements of the LV buckle and the buttons on my blazer by mixing assorted bracelets with like colors and adding a gold face to an adjustable band watch I got from ALDO. If your like me and appreciate daily changes in your wardrobe choices, adjustable band watches are the way to go. I used a safety pin as a brooch by placing it on my lapel and added a hint of green in my plaid handkerchief option.   


If you ever want a cool social environment, check out Hudson River Cafe


697 W 133rd St
(between Broadway & 12th Ave)
New YorkNY 10027
Neighborhood: Harlem
(212)491-9111
http://www.hudsonrivercafe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment